Visiting Paul Smith's College is a requirement of the HEOP application process. If you have already visited prior to applying to HEOP, you do not need to visit again.
If you are applying to HEOP and still need to visit please contact the HEOP Office.
HEOP may help with the cost of visiting if funds are available. First, though, we must verify you are financially eligible for the program and have the potential to be academically eligible. This means all income documents must be submitted and reviewed by HEOP staff.
To schedule a visit, please contact the HEOP office at 518-327-6480.
Up to four hours away; for applying students and family
- HEOP may cover some of the transportation costs if funds are available. You must submit your receipts.
Farther than 4 hours away; only for applying students
- HEOP will cover some of your transportation costs if funds are available. You must submit your receipts.
- We will house you with a current student in HEOP.
- HEOP covers your meals while on campus.
- You will attend actual classes/labs taking place to get a feel for college courses.
- You can complete your HEOP interview while on campus.
You may buy a bus ticket through Adirondack Trailways (destination: Paul Smiths, N.Y.) The bus comes once daily and stops immediately off campus.
We do not recommend coming by train. There are no trains that stop directly at campus and this option include a shuttle van or costly cab ride as well as additional travel time.
There are several hotels located in Saranac Lake, approximately 15 minutes from campus.