At Paul Smith’s College, not only do our students learn from experience — managing invasive plant species, cooking in a professional kitchen or building an ecotourism camp in the Dominican Republic — but our professors teach from experience.
Whether your major is culinary arts, forestry, business or biology, your professors will draw from years of personal experience in their area of expertise, be that four-diamond resorts, Fortune 500 boardrooms or Antarctic expeditions.
The faculty of the School of Commercial, Applied and Liberal Arts includes:
- A 30-year hospitality veteran (executive chef, front-of-house manager)
- A research and development chef for Schwan Food Co.
- A vice president and director of new business development at Xerox
The faculty of the School of Natural Resource Management and Ecology includes:
- Wilderness educators and expedition leaders
- Park rangers
- A 30-year Navy contractor who applied statistics to improve ballistic missiles