New Student Orientation
New Student Orientation
You’ve been accepted at Paul Smith’s College – now what? Sign up for a Student Orientation and Registration (SOAR) session!
SOAR days are designed with you, the student, in mind! We highly encourage you to attend one of these days. It is your "one-stop shop" to take care of everything prior to move in day on August 31, 2018.
What to expect:
- Complete and turn in all required forms
- Take care of your campus ID photo and register vehicles
- Complete the Accuplacer exam on campus
- If completed prior to SOAR, receive your class schedule that day!
- Log into your Paul Smith's email & other important portals on campus
- Meet one-on-one with a member of our Financial Aid or Student Accounts offices (we highly recommend that a parent is present for this meeting!)
- Meet your future classmates!
Please sign up below for one of the SOAR dates that works best for you:
Sessions fill up quickly, so be sure to sign up today! Please contact your Admissions Counselor with any questions, and we look forward to seeing you there!
*You must submit your commitment deposit to Paul Smith’s to register for SOAR*
Like our Paul Smith’s College Facebook page and stay connected to fellow students and happenings at the school.
The Accuplacer Exam is required for each incoming student at Paul Smith’s College. This online placement test helps us determine which math courses are right for each student. You are encouraged to take your Accuplacer Exam prior to SOAR in a supervised, secure environment such as your high school guidance office, library, etc.
To take the exam off campus, simply ask your test proctor to complete the Remote Testing Request/Proctor Application form, and return it to Paul Smith’s College Faculty Office. Once the information is verified, instructions for exam administration will be emailed to your proctor. After that, all that remains is for you and your proctor to set up a time and place to take the exam, which you will have two hours to complete.
If you have any questions, please contact the Faculty Office at (518) 327-6372 or by email at email@example.com.
Must be completed and submitted before “move in” day or first day of class. For athletes, this must be submitted by August 1, 2018 and completed and reviewed before practice begins.
Required Student Enrollment Forms
The forms listed below should be completed and returned to the Admissions Office as soon as possible after a student submits their deposit:
- Bobcat Alert
- Emergency Contact Form
- FERPA Form *This form only needs to be completed should the student wish to release their educational information to someone else ie: parent/guardian
New Athletes Starting College in the Fall of 2018
Please complete and submit these 3 forms:
The following student athletes are expected to come for preseason on Tuesday August 29th:
- M/W Soccer
- M/W Rugby
- M/W Golf
- M/W Cross Country
- M/W Marathon Canoe Team
- W Volleyball