FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
Paul Smith’s College operates on what is called a “rolling admissions” process, meaning we accept applications on a continuous basis throughout the year. There is no May 1st deadline. However, due to the time sensitivity of processing international student applications, we request that applications for admissions be sent before November 30th for the spring semester, and before June 30th for the fall semester. The easiest and most affordable way to apply is online. There is no application fee if you apply online here for the fall 2016 or spring 2017 semester.
- Once we receive your application, we will begin expecting the other documents we need to complete your application. Submit your Official Transcripts from high schools and/or colleges or universities you have attended. Please note, if your transcripts are not from an accredited American school, you will need to provide a certified translation from World Education Services Inc. or Josef Silny and Associates, Inc.
- Letters of Recommendation and a personal statement are encouraged for all applications, but not required. Beginning with the Fall 2016 entering class, the SAT/ACT tests are no longer required.
- If English is not your native language, you must submit an official copy of your TOEFL score.
- To be accepted you must submit a TOEFL score of at least 550/79/213 (paper/internet/computer);
- IELTS score of at least 6.5;
- EIKEN – Grade Pre-1
- (Students not achieving the minimum scores may have their results evaluated and determinations will be made on a case-by case basis through the Admissions Office.)
- Paul Smith’s TOEFL code is: 2640
English Proficiency Test Exemptions: You are exempt from the English Proficiency Test requirement if you meet one of the following criteria:
- Are a citizen of a country where English is the official (or national) language
- Have earned a diploma from a U.S. High School
- Have earned a diploma from a high school outside the US that is based on the American system of education and English is the primary language of instruction.
- Have earned an associate’s or bachelor’s degree from an accredited US college or university
- Have completed a minimum of one year of study (two full-time semesters) at an accredited US college or university
- Have completed a minimum of one year of study (two full-time semesters) at a college or university in a country where English is the official language.
- Received a waiver from the Paul Smith’s College Office of Admissions based on mutually agreed upon documentation.
Once your application is completed you will generally know of an admissions decision within two weeks. Submit your application, official transcripts, TOEFL scores and confidential statement of finance to: Paul Smith’s College Office of Admissions P.O. Box 265 Paul Smiths, NY 12970 USA