and those receiving military benefits.
Paul Smith’s College is a proud member of the Servicemembers Opportunity Colleges (SOC) and a member of the Concurrent Admissions Program (ConAP) for Army enlistees. We are a Yellow Ribbon College, which means all tuition, on-campus room and board and fees are covered for those who are eligible for the Post-9/11 GI Bill.
Paul Smith’s College operates on what is called a “rolling admissions” process, meaning we accept applications on a continuous basis throughout the year. There is no May 1st deadline.
The Admissions Process for Veterans
Complete your application online here. There is no application fee if you apply for the fall or spring semesters. Once we receive your application, we will begin gathering the other documents we need to complete your application. The most important being your transcripts.
- Freshman – If you have never attended college, please request that your official high school transcripts be forwarded to us. For your convenience, feel free to use this form.
- Transfer – Please request an official college transcript from all colleges attended, regardless of the number of credits earned or attempted.
Letters of Recommendation and a personal statement are encouraged for all applications, but not required. Beginning with the Fall 2016 entering class, the SAT/ACT tests are no longer required. Apply for VA education benefits using VONAPP
- If you have never applied for veteran’s benefits, submit Form 22-1990, Application for Veteran Education Benefits.
- If you have used benefits at another school, submit Form 22-1995, Request for Change of Program Place or Training.
Request an Official Military Transcript:
- Joint Services Transcript (JST) – For all branches except the Air Force
- Community College of the Air Force
Additional Documentation Needed To Complete Your File
Please forward the following documents (as applicable)
- Copy of DD-214 or DD 2384 (issued by your unit)
- Copy of completed Forms 22-1990 or 22-1995
- Copy of Kicker Program documentation (if applicable)
- Certificate of Eligibility
- File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
Once your application is complete you will generally know of an admissions decision within two weeks. If you are mailing in references, transcripts or personal statements, please submit materials to: Paul Smith’s College Sporck Admissions Building P.O. Box 265 Paul Smiths, NY 12970-0265 For more information please contact Amy Tuthill, Director of Veteran and Enrollment Services at 1-800-421-2605 or 518-327-6862.