WHAT IS SALT?
Paul Smith’s College has partnered with American Student Assistance to provide a new product to our students and recent alumni called SALT. Our institution is setting itself apart from the norm by taking on a leadership role in higher education and providing this comprehensive program as part of a well-rounded Paul Smith’s education to help our students become financially literate during college and beyond.
SALT is a dynamic, multichannel financial education and debt management program, and will be available at the beginning of the 12-13 academic year. SALT educates, empowers and engages our students to truly own their finances, by making it immediately rewarding, easy and fun to make smart decisions about their money and student loan borrowing.
Through this comprehensive program, our students and recent alumni receive:
- Proactive communication about student loan repayment options.
- One-on-one repayment counseling with student loan experts.
- A personalized online dashboard to track all their federal and private student loans and compare payment options.
- Highly interactive online financial education content.
- Multiple “self-serve” online tools and calculators to assist with budgeting.
- Advocacy and assistance with resolving complex student loan related problems.
SALT is created by American Student Assistance®, a 56-year-old nonprofit committed to empowering college students and alumni to successfully manage and repay their student loan debt.