Sunday, July 6 - Saturday, July 12
Session one will introduce participants to traditional Adirondack woodsman skills. This will include expert instruction in competitive events such as speed chopping and sawing, as well as some of the finer points of camp life.
- Learn the history of the Adirondack woodsmen
- Build a fire in any weather (without matches)
- Learn to keep your Stihl® chain saw in prime running order
- Master the art of crosscut sawing
- Learn to swing a racing axe with precision
- Axe throwing
- Log rolling in Lower St. Regis Lake
- Lead an overnight war canoe expedition
Sunday, July 13 - Saturday, July 19
Session two is designed for intermediate students who wish to hone their lumberjack prowess, as well as develop new skills. To enter session two, you must have successfully completed session one, or have at least two years of collegiate lumberjacking experience.
- Spend an afternoon training with a Stihl® Timbersports® Pro
- Build a canoe from scratch
- Learn advanced techniques to fell trees with a cross cut saw and axe
- Learn to skid logs using low-impact draft horses
- Master your campfire cooking skills
- Develop your orienteering skills and participate in a "bushwhack"
- Learn the secret to creating a truly razor sharp axe
- Compete in a real lumberjack competition