Planned Giving Options
We’ll work with you and your financial advisors to create a strategy that meets your philanthropic and personal goals while shaping your legacy at Paul Smith’s.
Contact Ray Agnew, Vice President for College Advancement, (518) 327-6317 for more information.
The following types of gift commitments qualify you for membership in the Phelps Smith Society:
- Bequests: The simplest method of creating a planned gift names Paul Smith’s College as the beneficiary of your will or revocable living trust.
- Gifts of Retirement Assets & Life Insurance: Names Paul Smith’s as beneficiary of a life insurance policy, or of the remaining principal in retirement, brokerage or financial accounts.
- Gifts of Real Estate: Make a gift of real estate to Paul Smith’s College in a number of ways. Make an outright gift of your property or use it to create an agreement in which you retain the right to live in your home while permanently transferring the deed to the college.
- Charitable Gift Annuity: Through a simple contract, you agree to make a donation of cash, stocks or other assets to Paul Smith’s College. In return, you (and someone else, if you choose) receive a fixed amount each year for the rest of your life.
- Charitable Remainder Trusts: Provides income each year for the rest of your life from the trust you create. After your lifetime, the balance in the trust goes to Paul Smith’s College.
- Charitable Lead Trust: You give assets to a trust that pays the college an income for a period of time, which you choose. The longer the term, the better the gift-tax savings for you. When the term is up, the remaining trust assets go to you, your family or other beneficiaries you select.