New Students There are several steps in the application process. Don’t worry – we’re here to help! To apply, submit the following:
- Paul Smith’s College admissions application
- HEOP application
- Two letters of recommendation from teachers, guidance counselors or employers
- Verification of 2014 and 2015 household income
- An essay discussing each of the following topics:
- How you felt growing up in your family (positive and negative experiences)
- How you felt growing up in your community (positive and negative experiences)
- How you felt growing up in your school (positive and negative experiences)
- People you care about in your life
- Your future expectations
The following items must also be completed:
Additionally, all HEOP applicants must arrange:
- A campus visit arranged through the Admissions Office or HEOP
- Interview with HEOP staff
Transfer Students Any student who has previously attended a post-secondary institution and who participated in an opportunity program such as EOP, HEOP, SEEK or College Discovery is eligible to apply and does not have to submit the above items. Please contact HEOP for transfer requirements.
Submitting Materials Application materials can be sent to: HEOP Paul Smith’s College Pickett Hall 203 PO Box 265 Paul Smiths, NY 12970 Fax: (518) 327-6369 (Attn: HEOP) firstname.lastname@example.org
Meet the Team
My role is to maintain and administer the Arthur O. Eve Higher Education Opportunity Program grant from New York State. This includes periodic reporting on the program's activities and effectiveness. I am also the academic advisor for juniors and seniors in HEOP.
Pickett Hall 203B
Amanda Leah Sorrell
Hi! I assist with recruiting students into our amazing Higher Education Opportunity (HEOP) Program; this includes visiting various high school around New York State as well as contacting students who are interested in our program. I am also the academic advisors for our first year and sophomore students. I absolutely love my job. The HEOP program is one big family. Please contact me with any questions.
Pickett Hall 203A