Housing & Residence Life
Residence Hall Services
A full range of services is provided:
- washers and dryers
- basic cable access in all rooms
- telephone service and Internet
- free local telephone service
- residents may use calling cards for long-distance phone calls
- room furnishings include beds, desks, chairs, dressers and closets
- students can order comforters, mattress pads, pillow cases and towels through the Residence Hall Linen Program
- expectations for sharing space
- unless noted, all buildings have quiet hours from 10 p.m.-10 a.m. on weekdays and 12 a.m.-10 a.m. on weekends.
- courtesy hours are in effect at all times
- Essex, Hillside and Franklin have rooms specially equipped for students with disabilities
All Paul Smith’s College students have the opportunity to live off-campus, provided they meet these general criteria:
- I am 21 years of age or older
- I am living at home with parents or guardians within 20-40 miles
- I am living with a dependent child.
- I am married or entered into a civil union.
- I am a veteran with at least one year of active military service.
- I have lived within a residence hall for at least 4 consecutive semesters
St. Regis Halls - Upper & Lower
This duo of upscale, apartment style buildings each contains four single-occupancy bedrooms, two bathrooms and a full kitchen with a stove, microwave and refrigerator. There is an increased cost per semester for this building.
Clinton Residence Hall is wellness housing for first year students. Clinton houses approximately 38 students; this hall has a community bathroom on each floor, contains a small lounge on the first floor and has one resident assistant.
Housing approximately 38 students, Clinton Residence Hall is reserved for transfer students. This building has a lounge and laundry facilities on the first floor.
Essex Hall is a co-ed hall. It houses approximately 36 students. Each room has its own bathroom; a lounge and laundry facility are located on the first floor. The first floor accommodates students with disabilities.
This coed residence hall houses 43 students. Rooms in this building are carpeted, and each floor shares a common bathroom. There is a lounge and kitchen on the first floor, which consists of tripled male rooms. The second floor consists of double female rooms.
Hillside Hall is another one of our wellness residence halls, housing approximately 50 upper class students. Being a wellness hall, it has 24-hour-quiet policy and is tobacco and alcohol free. Every two rooms are connected by a bathroom. Kitchen, lounge and study area are also available to students in this hall.
Located on the West end of Campus, Blum House is a unique, historical house that houses approximately 17 students. This hall is one of our wellness buildings, which requires the absence of tobacco or alcohol use, and maintains a 24-hour-quiet policy. Every two rooms share a bathroom. A kitchen and lounge are located on the first floor. Students must have a cumulative GPA of at least a 3.0 and no disciplinary record to live here.
Housing approximately 20 students. Each room has its own bathroom, and there is a lounge on the first floor.
This upscale, apartment-style building consists of units that each have four single-occupancy bedrooms, two bathrooms and a full kitchen with a stove, microwave and refrigerator. There is an increased cost per semester to live in this building.
Lydia Martin Smith Hall
Located along the Lower St. Regis Lake, this building houses a majority of our first year students in triple rooms. With a population of approximately 184 students, this co-ed building provides students with a lounge, kitchen and laundry service along with common bathrooms on each floor.
A co-ed, first year hall, this building houses approximately 100 students and is located in the center of campus. In traditional residence hall style, this building consists of long hallways and common bathrooms and lounge.
Located at the highest elevation on campus, this building houses approximately 100 students in double and triple rooms and provides them with a lounge, kitchen and laundry service.