Work Experience Program
Successfully launching your career in culinary arts or hospitality requires an action plan. That plan should include:
- High-quality education and training
- Access to a network of skilled hospitality professionals, such as Paul Smith’s College faculty advisors, alumni and employers
- Development of a professional resume detailing work experience in the hospitality industry, available from Paul Smith’s College Career Services
That’s why Paul Smith’s College requires students in the culinary arts, baking and hospitality programs to complete between 400 & 800 hours of hands-on work experience prior to graduation.
- 4-year program requires 800 hours
- 2-year program requires 400 hours
This page contains links to important documents that will guide you through the Work Experience process. Should you have questions about this requirement, please contact your academic advisor or visit the Career Services Office.
Work Experience Checklist
Work Experience Completion Form
Work Experience Intent
Management + Reporting Procedures