Hotel and Resort Operators to Discuss Green Hospitality Practices
The Paul Smith's College Hospitality Club is hosting a panel discussion Wednesday, April 2, with four hotel and resort operators who will talk about green and sustainable practices in the hospitality field.
Each of the panelists’ properties is certified by Audubon International’s Green Lodging Program, which accredits green hotels and resorts. The discussion will address all green and sustainable practices used at these properties as well as the other certification programs that exist.
The panelists are:
– Jenn Holderied, Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort, Lake Placid
– Ernest Hohmeyer, Lodge at Lake Clear, Lake Clear, N.Y.
– Nicole Brownell, Gauthier’s Saranac Lake Inn, Saranac Lake, N.Y.
– Andre Blais, Stowe Mountain Lodge, Stowe, Vt.
Registration for the event begins at 6:45 p.m. in the Pine Room, located in the Joan Weill Student Center. The panel discussion runs from 7-8:30 p.m. Panelists will address the following topics:
- What’s going green in hospitality all about?
- Who accredits this?
- What is the marketing value?
- What’s the bottom line?
A question and answer period will follow the discussion. For further information, email Prof. Peter Roland at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (518) 327-6408. Advanced registration is required. To register, please email Victoria Gonzalez at email@example.com.