Supplemental Instructions & Study Groups
Supplemental Instruction provides regularly scheduled support in challenging courses. You will review and reinforce concepts while learning important study skills.
Supplemental Instruction (SI) provides students with an opportunity to:
- Meet regularly to review lecture notes
- Discuss readings
- Organize study strategies
- Prepare for upcoming tests
- Improve their understanding
Supplemental Instruction is one of our most popular academic support options
- Each session is led by a student who has successfully completed the course. The leaders meet regularly with the course instructor, attend current classes and schedule instruction sessions at least two hours per week.
- You can attend every session, or just a few. The more you attend, the more positively it will affect your grade!
- Research shows students who participate regularly in Supplemental Instruction have demonstrated, on average, half to a full letter grade higher
- Failure rates in courses with Supplemental Instruction are significantly lower
Study groups are a great way to get together with other students to review material, work on problems, and prepare for tests
- If there is not a Supplemental Instruction for a course, study groups can be set up on an as needed basis.
- Study groups are led by student tutors. If you would like to set up a study group for a particular course please see Ginny McAleese or Renee Marleau in the Academic Success Center. They will do their best to accommodate your request
**View the Academic Success Center SI and Study Group Schedule.
Questions? Call the Academic Success Center at (518) 327-6046 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.