Work Study Job Description
Advancement Student Call-Center Leader
|Type:||Clerical Office Assistance|
Administration Building 207
|Eligibility:||College Work Study|
|Hours Per Week:|
|Description||The Office of College Advancement is seeking 2 student leaders to oversee the Paul Smith’s College Student Call-Center this fall for 6 weeks beginning October 6. The Paul Smith’s College Student Call-Center strives to connect with Alumni and friends across the country to ask for support of the Paul Smith’s College Fund. The Team Leader is responsible for assisting the call team in a manner that maintains high quality communication between Paul Smith’s College and its constituencies.
GIFTS TO THE PAUL SMITH’S COLLEGE FUND HELP TO…
• Maintain our tradition of hands-on, experiential learning, providing students the opportunity to work side-by-side with their professors.
• Give scholarships and other financial aid to 99 percent of our students.
• Provide access to industry-standard technology our students will find in the workplace once they graduate.
• Support the student programs and activities that are an integral part of the Paul Smith’s College experience.
Previous experience with call centers or fundraising is preferred. Strong communication and motivational skills required. Must be able to deal with a wide range of people and personality types. Call times will be Monday through Thursday 6-9 p.m. and Saturday 10 – 1 p.m. Individual schedules will be created to compliment leader’s educational obligations. Leaders are required to work at least two calling shifts per week.
• Maintain high motivation, positive morale, and compliance with the Office of Advancement donor confidentiality and privacy policies.
• Attend and participate in all training sessions
• Set standards of cleanliness and maintain organization of the call center
• Monitor phone calls and manage donor callbacks
• Create a fun, productive calling atmosphere
• Supervise caller progress and ensure that everyone is on task throughout the night
• Report all good tactics that result in more pledges/better calls and write notes of encouragement throughout the semester to outstanding callers.
• Assist the Office of Advancement staff in identifying individuals who need additional training or encouragement and offer support to team members when necessary
• Evaluate the performance of the callers in an unbiased manner
• Meet weekly with the Office of Advancement staff to discuss calling segment, goals, and incentive information
• Conduct short and concise opening, half-time and closing meetings to share goals, incentive information, corrections and progress.
•Remain visible on the calling floor throughout the shift.
How to Apply:
Please send resume to email@example.com.