Work Study Job Description
Peer Educators ~ SDC Bacchus & Gamma
|Office:||Student Development Center|
Joan Weill Student Center, Room 017
|Eligibility:||College Work Study|
|Hours Per Week:||TBD|
|Description||Student Development Center/JWSC 017-
Bacchus and Gamma Peer Educator
Work Study Job Description – 2012-2013
1. Disseminate health related information person to person, through newsletter articles, email, tabling, bulletin boards, posters, etc.
2. As part of a team present programs/information on health& wellness related issues to peers in classes, residence halls, workshops, and other venues in creative and appealing ways.
3. Work with other Bacchus and Gamma members as a health & wellness education team to create programs in a system of health education at PSC.
4. Receive training as a certified Bacchus and Gamma Peer Educator.
5. Help train others in Peer Educator skills.
6. Network with RAs, faculty, staff, etc. to provide venues and support for such programs, as well as be a representative from the SDC at some programs.
7. Attend weekly meetings to stay updated and plan activities.
8. As part of the SDC team help maintain a stress-free, relaxed environment for students, and perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Student Development, Counselor, and/or the Office Manager.
1. Prior experience with leadership, teaching, peer counseling preferred but not required.
2. Commitment to being a role model, living a healthy lifestyle, and following community regulations.
3. 2.5 cumulative GPA
4. Application, Interview