Work Study Job Description
|Eligibility:||College Work Study|
|Hours Per Week:|
|Description||The office of Admissions serves as the first point of contact between Paul Smith’s College and prospective students and their families. Many students receive their first impression of the College through interaction with the admissions team. The Admissions Telecounselor will serve as part of this team. The position requires the use of college provided telephones and computers to reach out to prospective Paul Smith’s College students for the purpose of relationship development and providing information on upcoming events, scholarships, and deadlines.
• Call prospective Paul Smith’s College students to inform them about upcoming campus events, scholarship opportunities, and deadlines. Detailed information and dates will be provided to assist in performing these tasks.
• Develop working relationships with prospective students while utilizing provided talking points and effective customer service skills.
• Maintain a professional demeanor and exhibit patience when conversing with prospective students.
• Compile legible notes during all conversations and submit them at the end of each shift.
• Record all notes in the Admissions data-entry system. Operational training will be provided for this system.
• Use reasonable judgment and inform supervisor of any high-importance information that may have been discussed in a conversation. Examples of high-importance instances will be provided during training.
• Must be a current Paul Smith’s College student and eligible for the work study program as determined by the Financial Aid Office.
• Ability to work collaboratively as well as independently.
• Evening shifts Monday-Thursday, with occasional weekend hours as needed.
• Ability to understand and present essential information about the college.
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively while making a positive impression on prospective students and their parents.
• Must maintain a minimum of a 2.0 GPA.
Applicants must send responses to the following short answer questions to Katie Duffy at email@example.com by September 2, 2013.
1. How do you define superior Customer Service? Describe a time when you experienced superior customer service and when you did not.
2. What is important to you in a job? What do you hope to gain from your experience working in the Admissions Department?
3. Why did you choose to attend Paul Smith’s College?
An information session for all interested applicants will be held on August 29th, 2013 at 5:30pm in the Admissions Building.