Work Study Job Description
Admissions Office Assistant & Tour Guide
|Eligibility:||College Work Study|
|Hours Per Week:|
The Office of Admissions serves as the first point of contact between Paul Smith’s College and prospective students, their families, and others who actively participate in the college search process. Many individuals receive their first (and, often, lasting) impression of the College through their interaction with the admissions team. As a valuable member of the staff, an Admissions Office Assistant will provide support for the entire office through various activities that have been designed to recruit, admit, and yield an incoming class.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assist Admissions Staff with welcoming prospective students and families to campus which includes but is not limited to, greeting guests, baking cookies, gathering welcome materials.
2. Present prospective students and their families with information about Paul Smith’s College via campus tour as outlined in Tour Route.
3. Assist Admissions Staff with daily office tasks which include filing, shredding, mailing correspondence, answering incoming calls.
4.Preparing materials for large scale campus recruitment events.
5. Special projects as determined by the Admissions staff.
6. Facilitate weekend tours as needed
1. Students must be eligible for the Federal Work Study program as determined by the Financial Aid Office.
2. Excellent communication and organizational skills.
3. Students must possess the skills to multitask.
4. Ability to work in a team environment.
5. Students must maintain confidentiality.
6. Must be knowledgeable of, or demonstrate the ability to learn, all aspects of Paul Smith’s College life to include but not limited to: campus life, majors offered, clubs & activities, campus history.
7. Follow appropriate dress code (shirt provided).
8. Student must possess a positive attitude and willingness to learn and grow.
9. Must be able to commit to a minimum of 3 hour shift to appropriately facilitate campus tour.
Example of Shifts Available Monday through Friday
Shift One: 9am-12pm
Shift Two: 10am-1pm
Shift Three: 12pm-3pm
Shift Four: 1pm-4pm
*Note: you will not have to sign up for all shifts listed
*Prior customer service experience preferred but not required*
Applicants must send responses to the following short answer questions to Katie Duffy at firstname.lastname@example.org by September 2, 2013.
1. How do you define superior Customer Service? Describe a time when you experienced superior customer service and when you did not.
2. What is important to you in a job? What do you hope to gain from your experience working in the Admissions Department?
3. Why did you choose to attend Paul Smith’s College?
*Information session scheduled for August 29th, 2013 at 5:30pm in the Admissions Building*