Policies & Procedures for Acquiring Accommodations/Services
Our Philosophy | Policies & Procedures | Accessing Services | Legal Information & Forms | Handling Disputes
Assistive Technology Policies & Procedures
The learning specialist in the Center for Accommodative Services works with students with disabilities to determine their needs and find solutions to them. Here is the general procedure to request accommodations:
- STUDENTS IDENTIFY themselves by returning the Disability Accommodation Services Request included in their acceptance letter.
- COMPLETE THE APPLICATION for Accommodations and Services.
PROVIDE DISABILITY Documentation which supports specific accommodations requested.
If appropriate documentation has not been forwarded to the Center for Accommodative Services, then the student and the learning specialist must
complete the Intake Form for Temporary Accommodations (PDF).
- SIGN CONSENT for Release of Information to the Center for Accommodative Services.
- LEARNING SPECIALIST REVIEWS Application and Disability Documentation and determines eligibility.
- A LETTER OR EMAIL IS SENT stating the status of the application.
- THE STUDENT MEETS with the learning specialist to set up accommodations and begin the Faculty Notification
process to request accommodations needed in classes for the semester. Accommodations may begin once the process is complete.
- THE STUDENT TAKES THE FACULTY NOTIFICATION FORM to each professor--the student completes a new Faculty Notification Form each semester--explains the nature of their learning problem and the request for accommodations,
obtains signatures to verify notification and understanding, and returns the form to the Center for Accommodative Services for placement in the student's file.
Did you find what you were looking for? Please let us know.