Testing Accommodation Policies
Students with disabilities are required to perform the same tasks as every other student in the class. If an adjustment
(such as extending the time to take a test) would fundamentally alter the course objectives, the request may be denied.
- Students seeking extra time to complete tests must submit a signed Faculty Notification Form.
- The professor and program personnel determine whether extending the time limit substantially alters the program standards.
- Unless otherwise specified, students requesting extended test time will not receive more than twice the allotted time to complete the test.
- Unlimited time is not permitted.
- Amount of time to complete test, including extended time, begins at the time test is scheduled - not when the student arrives to start the test.
- The test may be scheduled to coincide with the class meeting time only; instructor's permission to schedule at any other time is required.
- When scheduling a test, there MUST be at least one full school day between when you notify the Center for Accommodative Services and professor and the time of the test.
- No unauthorized electronic devices, such as cell phones, iPods, laptops, etc., are allowed in the testing room. Possession of one these devices is a violation of academic integrity and subject to Student Code of Conduct.
- All memory devices used in the testing process will be supplied by the Center for Accommodative Services (i.e., you cannot bring in your own memory stick or flash drive!)