How do I apply for HEOP?
In addition to completing the regular Paul Smith's College admissions process, applicants for HEOP must also complete the following:
- The HEOP application (We can mail it to you, or you can find it online at www.paulsmiths.edu/programs/heop/);
- Two letters of recommendation, from teachers, guidance counselors, or employers;
- A campus visit and an interview with HEOP staff;
- A Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA);
- Verification of 2010 household income, such as a copy of your parents' signed federal income tax return or documentation of any public assistance received;
- An essay describing how you felt growing up in your family, community, and school. It should include both positive and negative experiences, and discuss people you care about in your life and your future expectations.