- Be a New York State resident for at least one year prior to enrollment in HEOP
- Be a high school graduate, have a New York Equivalency diploma (G.E.D) or its equivalent
- Meet both academic and financial guidelines defined below
- If transferring, be previously enrolled in an approved opportunity program
- Demonstrate the necessary motivation and potential to successfully complete the program to which you have applied.
- Have an academic profile that would indicate you would be non-admissible under Paul Smith’s College’s regular admissions standards. This includes: high school GPA, SAT/ACT scores and academic history.
- Meet the financial guidelines as established by the New York State Education Department.
For students entering Paul Smith’s after July 1, 2013:
|Number of members in household
||Total Annual income in 2012
*Add $7,437 for each family member in excess of 7
Applicants automatically meet financial requirements if one of the following applies during the year used to determine eligibility:
their household receives public assistance or they are living with foster parents who provide no support for college and no money
is provided by the biological parents.
Students and families must provide extensive documentation of income. This may include, but is not limited to: Federal Tax
returns, W-2’s, Social Security form 1099, child support verification, and public assistance documents.