Visiting Paul Smith’s College is a requirement of the HEOP application process. If you have already visited, prior to applying to HEOP, you do not need to visit again.
If you are applying to HEOP and still need to visit please contact the HEOP Office.
First time visitors
HEOP may help with the cost of visiting, if funds are available, but first we must verify you are financially eligible for the program and have the potential to be academically eligible. This means all income documents must be submitted and reviewed by HEOP Staff.
Day trips (up to four hours away; for applying students and family)
- HEOP may cover some of the transportation costs if funds are available (We must have your receipts)
Overnights (farther than 4 hours away; only for applying students)
- HEOP will cover some of the transportation costs if funds are available (We must have your receipts)
- We will house you with a current student in HEOP
- HEOP covers your meals while on campus
- We have you attend actual classes/labs taking place to get a feel for college courses
- You can complete your HEOP Interview while on campus
You may buy a bus ticket through Adirondack Trailways . Destination: Paul Smiths, NY
The bus stops directly on campus and only comes once per day.
We do not recommend coming by train. There are no trains that stop directly at campus and this option would include a van shuttle,
a costly cab ride as well as additional travel time.
There are several hotels located in Saranac Lake, NY which is approximately 15 minutes from campus.