Exploring the Culinary WorldSummer Culinary Academics
Are you interested in a career in the culinary world? Whether your passion is to be a cooking chef, pastry chef, or master baker, this 2-week course will help you understand the opportunities available in the culinary and baking professions.
Successful chefs, culinarians, restaurateurs, and bakery owners have said that they wish their early training had included the chance to explore their many exciting career path options. This course is designed with this specific idea in mind.
- learn to assemble the right ingredients for comprehensive cooking and baking
- discover how to taste your own food from a customer’s point of view
- sharpen your skills in tool handling; product identification; use of herbs, spices and seasonings; and fundamental fabrication techniques
- practice your craft in the Adirondack Palm, our on-campus restaurant that perfectly models one of the most famous steak houses in NYC
- prepare a gorgeous buffet for guests at the closing ceremony, including 2 of your invited family members or friends
- exchange questions and ideas with accomplished guest chefs and bakers
- earn three college credits
If you love food, love to cook and love to eat – if you’re curious about experimenting with ingredients and eager to enhance your techniques – and most importantly, if you feel that a culinary career is right for your future – this course is for you!
Cost is $2,595 inclusive of tuition, fees, room and board.