Get Help Quitting
Paul Smith’s students are eligible for free counseling and support groups. Resources such as nicotine gum are also available.
- For information about quitting aids, call Student Health Services at (518) 327-6319.
- For information about counseling and support groups, call the Student Development Center at (518) 327-6358.
Faculty / Staff
For faculty and staff covered by Excellus BlueCross BlueShield’s SimplyBlue plan, the Quit for Life program offers counseling, nicotine substitutes and other medication. Information: (800) 442-8904.
Student Health Services can provide quitting aids to others.
- American Cancer Society: Guide to Quitting Smoking
- Smokeless Tobacco and How To Quit
- New York State Smokers’ Quitline
- Quitline on Facebook
- Mayo Clinic: Quit-Smoking Basics