The First Annual Adirondack Snowshoe Festival is a weekend long, multiple venue event held February 24th and 25th, 2018.
Registration for all events can be found here.
Family Friendly Fun events at Dewey Mountain Recreation Center and the Paul Smith’s College VIC.
Join us at the VIC on Sunday Feb. 25th,
- 10 a.m. — Adirondack Mountain Club Naturalist Led Snowshoe Program
- 10:30 a.m. — Race (5km)
- 10:30 a.m. — Race (15km)
- 11 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.— Winter Forest Bathing Eco-trip
- 1 p.m. — Awards ceremony
- 1 p.m. VIC Naturalist Led Snowshoe Program
- 1:30 – 3 p.m. — Saving Snow Movie Screening and Discussion
- 2:30 – 5 p.m. — Slojam! Live Folk Music in the Great Hall
- All Day- Family Snowshoe Scavenger Hunt
- All Day- Snowshoe Obstacle Course
- Build-your-own snowshoe kits with Paul Smith’s College Students
- Food and Beverages
- All Weekend -Snowshoe Art in storefronts throughout the Village of Saranac Lake
- Now through April 1 Traditional Snowshoes and Packbaskets on display in the Heron Marsh Gallery
5km Snowshoe Race
Racers will start and finish at the VIC, racing clockwise around the Heron Marsh. The course passes through gorgeous stands of hard and softwood forests, across a bog, and over a waterfall!
15km Snowshoe Race
The 15km course follows the 5km course route for the first lap, and goes the distance for our endurance racers. The course manages some serious hill climbs and passes by some beautiful winter vistas.
Saving Snow Movie Screening
Come join us for a screening of the documentary Saving Snow! As described on the website (http://
Discussion following film screening. Come learn what local stakeholders are doing to keep winters cold and snowy!
Winter Forest Bathing Eco-trip
Strap on a pair of snowshoes and let us take you on a unique Winter Forest Bathing walk. Your guide will help you open all your senses so you can take in all the sights, sounds, smells and textures of an Adirondack forest in winter. We will cover less than a mile on gentle terrain. Slow down, unplug and feel the magic of winter.
Sunday, February 25
11am to 12:30pm
Adults and children 10 years and up welcome.
Complimentary snowshoes available on site (please arrive 15 minutes early to be fitted) or bring your own.
$20 per person
Please plan on wearing extra clothing and a hat as you will not be generating much heat during the eco-trip. More information about Winter Forest Bathing at adirondackriverwalking.com