Your Event at the VIC
ABOUT THE VIC
Open for Ski Season 9A – 5P
Weekends December 2 – April 1
Christmas Week December 23 – January 1
Martin Luther King Weekend January 13 – 15
Presidents Week February 17 – 25
October 10 – June 15
open for scheduled programs
available for private events
Foyer and Self-Service Rental Station Hours
Open for Ski Season 9A – 5P
Monday – Friday on all Non-Holiday Weeks
December 4 – March 30
Dawn to Dusk
December 2 – April 1
Day or Season Pass Required
Skis or Snowshoes Required
Have your event at the VIC!
The VIC is available for weddings, staff picnics, birthday parties, board meetings, and other private events.
- 5 picnic tables
- 5 charcoal grills
- Large covered area
- Flat concrete patio
- Adjacent to parking area
- Fully handicap accessible
- $150 full day; $90 half-day
Please note: there is no running water available directly at the pavilion.
The VIC has three lean-tos on the property available for registered campers for a nominal fee. All are accessible via hiking trail or canoe. Permits and payment are required for use of the Long Pond and Black Pond lean-tos throughout the year.
- Available year-round
- Beautiful lake views
- Outhouses on-site
- Fires allowed with permit
- Campers are required to follow the Principles of Leave No Trace, including minimizing impact and carrying out all trash.
- $35/night for up to four users
The lean-tos along the Heron Marsh Trail are day-use only and do not require pre-registration or permits.
For outdoor facility rentals including Picnic Pavillions and Lean-tos please contact the VIC staff at email@example.com or (518) 327-6241.
The Heron Marsh Gallery is available for rental for private functions, dinners, groups, and more.
- Seating available for up to 40 people
- 8-foot tables
- Folding chairs
- Rotating art exhibits provide beautiful backdrop
- $350 for a full day; contact us for evening or half-day pricing
The VIC Theater can host live performances, lectures, presentations, movies, and more.
- 175-person theater
- Movie playing capabilities
- Variable lighting
- Sound system
- $350 for full day; contact us for half day or evening pricing
The VIC has a downstairs classroom space with a partition that can split the room in half. Perfect for staff meetings, school groups, and more.
- Folding chairs and lecture tables available for up to 45 people
- Kitchen sink and counter in room
- Projector, screen, and chalk board available
- Laptop/computer not provided
The VIC has an upstairs board room available for staff meetings, events, and more.
- Large tables and chairs seating up to 20 people
- Adjacent to staff kitchen, available for use when renting board room
- Projector available
- Computer/screen not provided
Interested in having your wedding or other large event at the VIC? You can reserve the entire facility. Paul Smith’s College Conference Services will work with you to create a package that meets your pricing and facility needs!
- Full access to Theater – play your picture slideshow during your reception
- Full access to Great Room and Heron Marsh Gallery – perfect for large group gatherings and socializing
- Full access to outside Great Lawn – the best space for a beautiful outdoor event
- Cater your event through Paul Smith’s College’s Conference Services, or use your own caterer
For weddings and other large events, please contact Paul Smith’s College Conference Services Coordinator, Danielle Crowningshield, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For wedding inquiries, please contact Paul Smith’s College Conference Services Coordinator, Danielle Crowningshield, at email@example.com. To reserve an Indoor Facility at the VIC, please visit the Paul Smith’s College Conference Services webpage.