Cross Country Skiing at the Paul Smiths VIC. Photo courtesy of Nancie Battaglia. Used by permission.Winter Trail Conditions
2013-2014 Winter Season Pass Application
VIC trail users must purchase a season or day trail pass during the winter, when the Paul Smiths VIC becomes a cross-country ski center with over 25 miles of groomed trails for cross country skiing, skate skiing, and snowshoeing. For more information, call Brian McDonnell at (518) 327-6241 or email email@example.com.
The VIC's Nordic trails are open from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM daily. Trail users are asked to register at the VIC building. Trails are monitored by a trained volunteer first-aid ski patrol and a courtesy patrol to assist people with directions. Trail pass holders are eligible for discounts on weekend events and programs at the VIC, including bird watching walks, natural-history themed walks and events, and back country snowshoeing led by VIC staff up the Adirondack Low Peaks.
Additionally, the VIC rents cross-country skis for $25 a day and snowshoes for $20. Trail fees are included in the cost of the rental. The VIC also hosts a series of ski races, snowshoe races, and skate ski clinics.
Ski passes for the 2013/2014 ski season may be purchased at the VIC. For more information, call Brian McDonnell at (518) 327-6241 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Download a Winter Season Pass Application.
|Winter Trail Fees|
|Day Pass||Season Pass|
|Under 6 years old: Free||Under 6 years old: Free|
|Child (6-17): $5||Child (6-17): $50|
|Adult (18-64): $12||Adult (18-64): $100|
|Senior (65+): $10||Senior (65+): $80|
|PSC alumni: $10||PSC alumni: $80|
|PSC faculty and staff: $8||PSC faculty and staff: 25% discount|
|Current Paul Smith's College students: Free||Current Paul Smith's College students: Free|
|Other college students: $8||Other college students: $80|
|Veteran/Current Military: $8 each||Veteran/Current Military: $80|
|Town of Brighton Resident: $8||Town of Brighton Resident: $80|
- Applicants are allowed one discount.
- Guest pass: Add an additional $50.00 to any season pass and receive 10 day passes to bring a friend to the VIC anytime.
- Friends of the VIC: Show your membership card and receive a 25% discount on Day and Season Passes.
- PSC Faculty and Staff are eligible for free individual Friends of the VIC membership. Bring your PSC ID to the VIC.
- Day and Season passes are included as part of the Friends of the VIC Trailblazer membership.
- Family Pass: For 2 adults living in the same household purchase 2 individual passes at the designated rate above and children under 18 who live in the household ski free.
- Season Pass Holders and Friends of the VIC receive a 10 % discount on XC ski and snowshoe rentals from MAC’S at the VIC.
- Bring your VIC trail pass with you to winter events to receive VIC Center event and program discounts.