Tutoring Request Form |Complete this form & submit it to the ASC to sign-up for tutoring.
Test Dissection | Helpful tool for reviewing test outcomes and identifying areas for improvement.
Concept Chart | Active learning tool.
Quizlet | Online note card database and app.
Khan Academy | Practice exercises, instructional videos, and personalized learning dashboard.
- Most tutoring takes place in the Academic Success Center, upstairs in the Joan Weill Adirondack Library.
- Tutors are trained to help you learn and improve your understanding of course material and can teach you new study techniques or problem-solving strategies that helped them succeed in the same course.
How to sign up for a tutor:
- Complete a Tutor Request Form, available online or in the Center for Academic & Career Success.
- Meet with Tutor Coordinator in Library 208 A.
- You will receive a weekly tutoring schedule during the appointment or one will be e-mailed to you soon afterwards.
Want to become a tutor?
- Tutors are expected to have a 3.0 or higher GPA as well as an A in the course they are tutoring. Recommendations from two faculty members are also required.
- Tutors receive training according to nationally recognized standards. We provide training on general tutoring strategies and for specific subject areas.
- If you are interested in becoming a peer tutor, study group or Supplemental Instruction leader visit our Leadership page or see Courtney Bringley in Library 205 or Tracy Elliott in Library 208 A.