Tutor Request Form |Complete this form & submit it to the Tutor Coordinator for help getting a tutor not listed in your Starfish My Success Network listing.
Test Dissection | Helpful tool for reviewing test outcomes and identifying areas for improvement.
Concept Chart | Active learning tool.
Quizlet | Online note card database and app.
Khan Academy | Practice exercises, instructional videos, and personalized learning dashboard.
Individual or small group tutoring is available free of charge for most classes taught at Paul Smith’s College.
- Most tutoring takes place in the Center for Academic and Career Success, upstairs in the Joan Weill Adirondack Library.
- Tutors are trained to help you learn and improve your understanding of course material and can teach you new study techniques or problem-solving strategies that helped them succeed in the same course.
How to sign up for a tutor:
- Select a tutor from your Starfish My Success Network listing. Select a day and time in the tutor’s schedule that works best for you! See the how-to video here.
- You will receive a confirmation e-mail from Starfish with any special instructions from the tutor after you schedule your weekly appointments.
- If you are unable to see a tutor for the course you need help with, fill out the Tutor Request Form and the Tutor Coordinator will work to find the help you need.
Want to become a tutor?
- Tutors are expected to have a 3.0 or higher GPA as well as an A in the course they are tutoring. Recommendations from two faculty members are also required.
- Tutors receive training according to nationally recognized standards. We provide training on general tutoring strategies and for specific subject areas.
- If you are interested in becoming a peer tutor, study group or Supplemental Instruction leader visit our Leadership page or see Courtney Bringley in Library 205 or Tracy Elliott in Library 208 A.