Policies & Procedures

In Order to Receive Academic Adjustments:

  • Students identify themselves by returning the disability accommodation services request included in their acceptance letter. Students may self-identify at any time by contacting the Center for Accommodative Services (CAS) directly.
  • Complete the application for academic adjustments.
  • Provide disability documentation which supports specific accommodations requested.
  • Sign consent for release of information to the Center for Accommodative Services.
  • The learning specialist reviews the application and disability documentation and determines eligibility.
  • A letter or email is sent stating the status of the application.
  • The student meets with the learning specialist to set up academic adjustments and begin the faculty notification process to request adjustments needed in classes for the semester. Academic adjustments may begin once the process is complete.
  • The student takes the faculty notification form to each professor – the student completes a new faculty notification form each semester – explains the nature of their learning problem and the request for academic adjustments, obtains signatures to verify notification and understanding and returns the form to the Center for Accommodative Services for placement in the student’s file.


testing room

Contact Us »

Center for Accommodative Services
Joan Weill Adirondack Library, Room 207
Paul Smith’s College
7833 State Route 30 | PO Box 265
Paul Smiths, NY 12970

Vanessa Case, M.S.Ed.
(518) 327- 6415
(518) 327- 6369 fax

Hours 8:00-4:30