THE ADVANCED STUDIES PROGRAM
The Advanced Studies Program is available to high school juniors and seniors, offering courses that they would typically take at the freshman and sophomore level in college. These courses, while taught at your high school, are rigorous and demand a college-level commitment from the student.
The partnership Paul Smith’s College has created with area high schools provides an added benefit to the student and their family – the price!! As these courses are taught at your school, we are able to keep the cost at an affordable rate of $40.00 per credit hour. With a typical course, such as English Composition I, being worth 3 credit hours; you pay a total of $120.00.
Upon successful completion of your Advanced Studies course(s), students will have earned college credit that may be used toward a college degree. Every college and university has their own set of standards when accepting transfer credits, so students should contact the Admissions Office of the school they wish to attend to determine if these courses will apply to their chosen field of study.
For students who wish to enroll in a degree program at Paul Smith’s College, there are added benefits to being an Advanced Studies student:
- You begin your studies with college credit toward the major of your choice
- Depending on the number of courses you complete and with careful planning, you may be able to accelerate your studies and complete your degree program early; resulting in significant savings to you and your family.
- You will be awarded a Paul Smith’s College Advanced Studies Scholarship of $2,000 per year. This is in addition to other scholarship aid you may be eligible for.
- Learn more about our Academic Programs here!
Congratulations on taking the first step toward a college degree!
Instructor & Student Resources
Registration has closed for the 2019-2020 school year
All payments for courses taken in the 2019-2020 school year are due by June 30, 2020
Student & Parent Resources
There are two options to pay for your Advanced Studies Course(s):
Check or Money Order
- Made payable to “Paul Smith’s College”
- Reference student name in the memo line
- Send to:
Paul Smith’s College
ATTN: Advanced Studies
P.O. Box 265
Paul Smith’s, NY 12970
We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express
Please call Hannah Ackerman, Advanced Studies Coordinator, directly to make a payment over the phone: 518-327-6021