THE ADVANCED STUDIES PROGRAM
The Advanced Studies Program is available to high school juniors and seniors, offering courses that they would typically take at the freshman and sophomore level in college. These courses, while taught at your high school, are rigorous and demand a college-level commitment from the student.
The partnership Paul Smith’s College has created with area high schools provides an added benefit to the student and their family – the price!! Because these courses are taught at your school, we are able to keep the cost at an affordable rate of $40.00 per credit hour. With a typical course, such as English Composition, being worth 3 credit hours; you pay a total of $120.00.
Upon successful completion of your Advanced Studies course(s), students will have earned college credit that may be used toward a college degree. Every college and university has their own set of standards when accepting transfer credits, so students should contact the Admissions Office of the school they wish to attend to determine if these courses will apply to their chosen field of study.
For students who wish to enroll in a degree program at Paul Smith’s College, there are added benefits to being an Advanced Studies student:
- You begin your studies with college credit toward the major of your choice
- Depending on the number of courses you complete and with careful planning, you may be able to accelerate your studies and complete your degree program early; resulting in significant savings to you and your family.
- You will be awarded a Paul Smith’s College Advanced Studies Scholarship of $2,000 per year. This is in addition to other scholarship aid you may be eligible for.
The Spring 2019 Advanced Studies Registration Form will be live Shortly to enroll in the Advanced Studies courses offered at your school for Spring 2019.
Congratulations on taking the first step toward a college degree!
For more information, contact the Paul Smith’s College Admissions Office: 518-327-6227
Explore our 20+ degree programs to find your path to a meaningful education and career.
- Become a skilled expert in land, plants, and timber
- Follow your passion for the great outdoors
- Become a kitchen expert
- Delve deep into the science of life on earth
- Develop your leadership qualities and business acumen
- Choose your own adventure