Notifications and Updates for Faculty and Staff / March 20
To: Paul Smith’s College faculty and staff
Delivered: March 20, 2020
Dear Faculty and Staff,
Today there has been new guidance from the New York State governor’s office more broadly mandating workers to stay home. This has prompted many questions from faculty and staff. It is not clear how this guidance applies to PSC. Please monitor your emails this weekend for further information.
We do anticipate that some people will need to access their offices this weekend to continue preparing for remote work. For the health and safety of the Campus Safety staff, when you arrive to campus and need assistance, please call the office instead of coming into the Campus Safety Office. We appreciate your understanding and patience at this time.
UPDATE ON COMMENCEMENT – CEREMONY CANCELED
It’s increasingly clear that gathering for commencement will not be possible. So that families can adjust their travel plans we have made the decision to cancel the physical event. On graduation day May 9 we will find a way to mark the occasion as a community. We will celebrate virtually in May and hold an in-person ceremony in the future; please stay tuned. Huge thanks to our senior class leaders for helping staff with input on this decision.
ADDITIONAL UPDATES AND NOTIFICATIONS
- Payroll Services
- Friday, March 20th is the final day of the pay period. All Supervisors should approve time and/or time off requests no later than noon on Monday, March 23.
- All student timesheets for March 6th thru 20th should be transmitted to Payroll no later than Monday.
- Pay day is Tuesday, March 31
- The Faculty Office will remain in operation to support faculty as much as possible as if you were on campus. Staff working remotely will help with purchasing, reimbursement, math placement exams, desk copy requests (ebooks), and virtual meetings. Admissions will continue to be supported in coordinating prospective student meetings with the faculty. Please contact:
- A Faculty Online Teaching Helpdesk will operate Monday to Friday, 9-11am for at least the next two weeks. They can be reached at 518-327-6236 or email Assistant Provost Catie Lalonde at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Faculty Office has a limited number of web cameras and tripods/phone mounts to lend out to support your teaching. Please contact Sandy Brown, email@example.com, for guidance in how to access these tools.
- The library has developed a Canvas module that we recommend all instructors add into their Canvas courses. It is located in Canvas Commons and can be found by navigating to Canvas Commons, clicking the filter button in the top right, scrolling to the bottom of the filters and selecting Shared with “Paul Smith’s College”. You should then see the Library FAQ module. This module includes content from the FAQ page as well as a page with all of our video tutorials. There are direct links in this module for your students to contact the library and to schedule reference appointments on Starfish for help finding, accessing, and using library resources remotely.
- To reduce energy consumption, please unplug electric devices as part of vacating campus offices.
Student Health Services
Abigail Fontaine, RN, BSN, Director
Housing & Residence Life
Lou Kaminski, Director
Holly Parker, Director
Teresa Gay, Compliance Coordinator