Notifications and Updates for Faculty and Staff / March 24
To: Paul Smith’s College faculty and staff
Delivered: March 24, 2020
Dear Faculty and Staff,
Today’s summary is fairly short – perhaps this means we are settling in to our “new normal” routines. As you make your personal adjustments to working and teaching remotely, please don’t hesitate to contact your supervisor or other campus leaders with questions or concerns.
Here are today’s updates:
- With thanks to Vanessa Case for organizing, we are having our first Virtual Happy Hour tomorrow at 5:00pm. Hope you can join!
- If you are accessing campus for any reason, please advise Campus Safety. It’s critical that our officers know who is on campus for emergency and security purposes.
- Fall 2020 and Summer 2020 textbook information is due on March 25.
- Faculty may send your textbook information by completing the online form: https://www.paulsmiths.edu/shop/faculty-textbook-order-form/
- For textbook selections that have not changed, you may email Diana with a note — “same as fall 2019”
- Don’t use a textbook? – please send an email with this information
- Be sure to include specific supplies the students need to purchase to ensure the bookstore stocks the necessary items
- Please email Diana if you need assistance with textbook selections.
Message from the Center for Academic and Career Success
The Center for Academic and Career Success is committed to transitioning all our programs and services to an online format. If students had established support with any of our services prior to the break, they should have already received a personalized email indicating how that support will continue over the remainder of the semester. If you would like to help a student access CACS services, please direct them to the following individuals:
For Tutoring & SI Support:
- Students should receive contact from Peer Tutors by Wednesday (3/25).
- Please email Tracy Elliott at email@example.com with questions, making sure to indicate the name of the course and the tutor’s name.
- For Success Coaching (ARP Students/Transitional Students/General Population/HEOP/TRIO):
- Students who have not yet received contact from a Success Coach should email their Success Coach directly and copy firstname.lastname@example.org.
For Accommodative Services:
- Contact should have come from Vanessa Case.
- Please email Vanessa Case with questions at email@example.com making sure to indicate specific accommodative support needs.
- We are working on equipping all Canvas courses with a text-reader plug-in called ReadSpeaker. More info will be shared when it is live and available for use.
For Career Services:
- Students who had scheduled career coaching meeting should have received contact from Maureen Pellerin.
- Students who did not receive contact or have any individual career support related questions are asked to please email Maureen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will be focusing our support via “Microsoft Teams” which will allow for students to connect with service providers via online video conferencing. It is a free and easy to use tool. We are working on developing tutorial videos to help with this process, but for now, your service provider should be able to walk you through the steps to connect. We will also continue to utilize Starfish for scheduling of individual Success Coach meetings, tutoring and writing support. You will see a list of all available tutors in your Success Network, along with Service Cards for Writing Support, Accommodative Services, The Center for Academic and Career Success, TRIO SSS and HEOP.
If you find yourself in need of any academic or career related support, please email email@example.com and a member of our team will respond as soon as possible.
Abigail Fontaine, RN, BSN, Director
Housing & Residence Life
Lou Kaminski, Director
Holly Parker, Director
Teresa Gay, Compliance Coordinator