General Information and Consumer Disclosures
It is the mission of the Financial Aid Office to provide information and access to funding for students in the pursuit of a Paul Smith’s College education and degree. We deliver timely, accurate and transparent financial assistance to prospective, current and former students in a way that is both respectful of and sensitive to confidentiality and diversity. We foster fiscal responsibility for the Paul Smith’s educational community and maintain the integrity of our programs in compliance with all federal and state regulatory requirements and college standards. The Financial Aid Office is committed to helping you identify the financial resources for which you may be eligible. Our staff will assist you and your family in developing financial plans to pay for an extraordinary future investment – your college education.
STUDENTS & FEDERAL PROGRAMS
Students who enter into an agreement and borrow a federal loan should understand that their loan information will be submitted to the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS). NSLDS receives data from schools, guaranty agencies, the Direct Loan program, and other Department of ED programs. NSLDS Student Access provides a centralized, integrated view of Title IV loans and grants so that recipients of Title IV Aid can access and inquire about their Title IV loans and/or grant data.
For more information: https://www.nslds.ed.gov/nslds/nslds_SA/
Federal Student Aid on Facebook. The official Facebook page of the U.S. Department of Education’s office of Federal Student Aid.
IMPORTANT QUICK LINKS
- Reminder: Time to file your FAFSA for the 2020-2021 Academic Year. Federal Title IV School Code: 002795
- Student Policy – Federal Student Consumer Information Requirements Resources
- PELL Grant Information: Limited to twelve full-semester equivalents
- Regulations for limits on Direct Subsidized Loans
- To complete your TAP application (New York State Tuition Assistance Program). Select Paul Smith’s College. TAP codes: 2140 Two Year Program, 6140 Four Year Program
- Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP): New York State Eligibility Standards and Federal and College Eligibility Standards
- Parent Loan: Are you a parent applying for a 2019-2020 Federal Direct Parent Loan? Submit the “Federal Parent PLUS Loan Request” form available on our forms page. An MPN must be completed at studentloans.gov.
- Need to complete loan requirements (Promissory Note, Exit or Entrance Counseling)?
- Private Loans: To review lenders and the requirements go to ELM Select.
- Expecting a refund? Refunds are processed by the Student Accounts Office located in the Phelps Building, Rooms 101 and 102
- College Navigator: a website with detailed information about colleges including Paul Smith’s College
- Higher Education Opportunity Act – 2008: The office of Student Aid maintains the guidelines set forth
- NASFAA Code of Conduct: The office of Student Aid adheres to the professional practices and guidelines as set forth by NASFAA
Any questions on health insurance, please contact Student Accounts.
Review Award Letter
Info for NY Residents
New York State Residents: “TAP” into Additional Aid"
If you’re a resident of New York state and are or will be an undergraduate student, you MAY be eligible for Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) awards. After filing your FAFSA, you will be able to link directly to the TAP application from the FAFSA confirmation page. You must include Paul Smith’s school codes or you will not be eligible for TAP. TAP codes 2140 (2 year program) and 6140 (4 year program). To remain eligible for state and/or federal financial aid, you must maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP).
The “Enhanced TAP” program created by New York state in 2017 is not currently available through Paul Smith’s College. We are strongly committed to college affordability and continuously seek favorable funding opportunities for our students and their families. Enhanced TAP in its current form has a number of restrictions that place a significant burden on the students and colleges that participate. We are monitoring the effectiveness of this program in its first year and may participate in the future once more information is known. Please contact our financial aid office if you have questions or would like to discuss the details and your individual financial aid award.
Contact Us »
Office of Financial Aid
Paul Smith's College
Phelps Smith Admin Building
PO Box 265
Paul Smiths, NY 12970-0265
(518) 327-6055: fax
Hours: M-F, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.