Give to Paul Smith's
PHELPS SMITH SOCIETY
We all want to give back to something that has been meaningful in our lives. Planned gifts are one way to do that. They provide creative, flexible and easy strategies for you to make a gift to Paul Smith’s College. The greatest benefit, however, lies in knowing you are supporting the work at Paul Smith’s College, and ensuring that the next generation of Paul Smith’s students has the same rewarding experiences as you did.
The Phelps Smith Society is named for the son of Paul Smith. His bequest of the Smith family land and wealth was the very beginning of Paul Smith’s College. The Phelps Smith Society recognizes and honors donors, alumni and the friends who have provided estate gifts through bequests, trusts and other life income arrangements.
Your gift can be directed to support programs that are close to your heart such as scholarships, endowed professorships or capital improvements, to name a few.
For more information, contact Ray Agnew, Vice President for College Advancement, (518) 327-6317.
PHELPS SMITH SOCIETY BENEFITS
The benefits of becoming a member of the Phelps Smith Society include:
- Phelps Smith Society newsletter
- Commemorative recognition gift
- Permanent recognition on campus of all society members displayed in a prominent location
- Impact Paul Smith’s students for generations to come
Learn more about becoming a member of the Phelps Smith Society. Contact Ray Agnew, Vice President for College Advancement, (518) 327-6317 for more information.
PLANNED GIVING OPTIONS
We’ll work with you and your financial advisors to create a strategy that meets your philanthropic and personal goals while shaping your legacy at Paul Smith’s.
Contact Ray Agnew, Vice President for College Advancement, (518) 327-6317 for more information.
The following types of gift commitments qualify you for membership in the Phelps Smith Society:
- Bequests: The simplest method of creating a planned gift names Paul Smith’s College as the beneficiary of your will or revocable living trust.
- Gifts of Retirement Assets & Life Insurance: Names Paul Smith’s as beneficiary of a life insurance policy, or of the remaining principal in retirement, brokerage or financial accounts.
- Gifts of Real Estate: Make a gift of real estate to Paul Smith’s College in a number of ways. Make an outright gift of your property or use it to create an agreement in which you retain the right to live in your home while permanently transferring the deed to the college.
- Charitable Gift Annuity: Through a simple contract, you agree to make a donation of cash, stocks or other assets to Paul Smith’s College. In return, you (and someone else, if you choose) receive a fixed amount each year for the rest of your life.
- Charitable Remainder Trusts: Provides income each year for the rest of your life from the trust you create. After your lifetime, the balance in the trust goes to Paul Smith’s College.
- Charitable Lead Trust: You give assets to a trust that pays the college an income for a period of time, which you choose. The longer the term, the better the gift-tax savings for you. When the term is up, the remaining trust assets go to you, your family or other beneficiaries you select.