- Be a New York State resident for at least one year prior to enrollment in HEOP
- Be a high school graduate, have a New York Equivalency diploma (GED) or its equivalent
- Meet both academic and financial guidelines defined below
- If transferring, be previously enrolled in an approved opportunity program
- Demonstrate the necessary motivation and potential to successfully complete the program to which you have applied.
- Have an academic profile that indicates you would be non-admissible under Paul Smith’s College’s regular admissions standards. This includes: high school GPA and academic history.
- Meet the financial guidelines as established by the New York State Education Department. Maximum income guidelines are published every January.
- The income guidelines for students entering Paul Smith’s College after July 1, 2020 are listed below.
Select the number of household members to view the household’s Maximum 2018 Income:
- Students and families must provide extensive documentation of income. This may include, but is not limited to:
- Federal Tax returns, W-2 form
- Social Security form 1099
- Child support verification
- Public assistance documents
Meet the Team
My role is to maintain and administer the Arthur O. Eve Higher Education Opportunity Program grant from New York State. This includes periodic reporting on the program's activities and effectiveness. I am also the academic advisor for juniors and seniors in HEOP.
Pickett Hall 203B