Discover traditional skills of the north woods and earn two college credits in just one week!
- Receive expert instruction in competitive speed chopping and sawing
- Learn the history of the Adirondack woodsmen
- Build a fire in any weather (without matches)
- Learn to keep your Stihl® chain saw in prime running order
- Master the art of crosscut sawing
- Learn to swing a racing axe with precision
- Throw an axe
- Practice log rolling in Lower St. Regis Lake
Experience authentic camp life as you settle into your new home on the shore of Lower St. Regis Lake. The Paul Smith’s Forestry Club Cabin includes a lumberjack sports practice arena as well as an indoor training facility for rainy days. When not sleeping under the stars, students will stay in a college residence hall. Meals will be provided in the college dining hall or prepared over a campfire. Leisure time is also provided for hiking, swimming and simply relaxing in the Adirondack Mountains.
Course runs August 2 – 8, 2020
Program cost is $995 inclusive of all tuition, fees, room and board.
Ideal for ages 16+