Discover traditional skills of the north woods and earn two college credits in just one week!
- Receive expert instruction in competitive speed chopping and sawing
- Learn the history of the Adirondack woodsmen
- Build a fire in any weather (without matches)
- Learn to keep your Stihl® chain saw in prime running order
- Master the art of crosscut sawing
- Learn to swing a racing axe with precision
- Throw an axe
- Practice log rolling in Lower St. Regis Lake
You’ll experience authentic camp life as you settle into your new home on the shore of Lower St. Regis Lake. The daytime headquarters for the school is the famed Paul Smith’s Forestry Club Cabin. The cabin includes a lumberjack sports practice arena as well as an indoor training facility for rainy days. When not sleeping under the stars, students will stay in a lakeside residence hall. All meals will be provided either in the college dining hall or prepared over a campfire in the field. Leisure time will also be provided for hiking, swimming and simply relaxing in the Adirondack Mountains.
Program cost is $995 inclusive of all tuition, fees, room and board.
Ideal for ages 16+