Solar Kiln Utilized By Foresty Students
Raised Beds at Gould's Garden
LED Lights In All The Lamps Throughout Campus
Yurts for the Osgood Pond Semester
VIC Sugar House and Interpretive Building
Sustainability is everybody’s responsibility — and your ideas help keep Paul Smith’s green. Every PSC student contributes an annual $30 fee which goes directly into the fund! PSC students, faculty, and staff develop projects and apply for Campus Sustainability Fund Grants. The Sustainability Fund was created by a group of interested students and staff in 2009.
Projects must contribute to environmental, social, or economic sustainability of the PSC campus or regional community. Priority will be given to those projects which support energy conservation/renewable energy generation and demonstrate lone-term viability through linkages with student organizations, academic programs, community groups, or the like.
Sustainability Fund Objectives
- To be a catalyst for initiatives that further campus and community sustainability, goals of the Climate Action Plan, and assist the college in achieving Carbon Neutrality.
- To empower students as agents of change
- To provide financial support for campus projects
- To increase student stewardship of campus grounds
- To provide a legacy to future PSC students
- To demonstrate PSC’s commitment to local and global sustainability
- To increase opportunities for student engagement and place attachment
Learn How to Apply
Application for Spring 2018 will be posted in November.
Campus Sustainability Grants will be unavailable until Spring 2018.
Deadlines for spring grant submissions will be announced in November 2018.
Please contact Kate Glenn for more information.
Student Sustainability Fund Committee
About the Committee
The Campus Sustainability Fund was created by students, for students. To ensure that the student body has maximum control over the development and approval of proposals, a Student Sustainability Fund Committee has been developed. The student sustainability fund committee, they are charged with the following:
1. Assisting the campus community in generating and developing Campus Sustainability Fund proposals.
2. Reviewing all submitted fund proposals and ensuring that proposals meet all grant criteria.
3. Coordinating a campus wide poster session of all fund proposals which meet said grant criteria.
4. Assisting in the coordination of a campus wide student vote.
• Meetings are every Friday at 10:10 am in Pickett 109.
• Committee members are permitted to be absent from no more than three weekly committee meetings a semester.
• The committee and fund budget will be overseen by the Sustainabiltiy Advisor.
Sustainability Fund Grant Committee is open to any registered PSC Student!
The Advisor is responsible for assisting the student committee with achieving their committee charge. The Advisor also manages the Sustainability Fund budget and with the help of the Sustainability Fund Assistant ensures that proposals are completed in accordance with their timeline and budget.
Submit your CSF Grant Proposal
Past Projects- Click Below to View Applications
Over $150,000 awarded since Fall ’12
Supporting 40 different projects!