Sustainability GrantsSustainability @ Paul Smith's College
Solar Kiln Utilized By Foresty Students
Raised Beds at Gould's Garden
LED Lights In All The Lamps Throughout Campus
Yurts for the Osgood Pond Semester
VIC Sugar House and Interpretive Building
Sustainability is everybody’s responsibility — and your ideas help keep Paul Smith’s green. Every PSC student contributes an annual $30 fee which goes directly into the fund! PSC students, faculty, and staff develop projects and apply for Sustainability Grants. The Sustainability Grant was created by a group of interested students and staff in 2009.
Projects must contribute to environmental, social, or economic sustainability of the PSC campus or regional community. Priority will be given to those projects which support energy conservation/renewable energy generation and demonstrate lone-term viability through linkages with student organizations, academic programs, community groups, or the like.
Sustainability Grant Objectives
- To be a catalyst for initiatives that further campus and community sustainability, goals of the Climate Action Plan, and assist the college in achieving Carbon Neutrality
- To empower students as agents of change in their community
- To provide financial support for campus projects
- To increase student stewardship of campus community (physical and social)
- To provide a legacy to future PSC students
- To provide students with the opportunity to design, manage, and implement “real world” projects
- To demonstrate PSC’s commitment to local and global sustainability
- To support interdepartmental collaborative projects between Academics, Student Life, and Facilities
- To increase opportunities for student engagement and place attachment
How Do You Apply For a Grant?
Click the box below for the Spring 2019 application for under $500 proposals
Interested in applying for a Sustainability Grant?
Sustainability Grant proposals for under $500 will be taken up to April 26th 2019.
Please contact Kate Glenn (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
Smitty Sustainability Committee
About the Committee
The Sustainability Grant was created by students, for students. To ensure that the student body has maximum control over the development and approval of proposals, the Smitty Sustainability Committee has been developed. The committee is delegated with the following tasks:
1. Assisting the campus community in generating and developing Sustainability Grant proposals.
2. Reviewing all submitted grant proposals and ensuring that proposals meet all grant criteria.
3. Coordinating a campus wide poster session of all fund proposals which meet said grant criteria.
4. Assisting in the coordination of a campus wide student vote.
• Meetings are every Wednesday at 10:10AM in Pickett 109.
• Committee members are required to be present for at least four weekly committee meetings a semester.
• The committee and grant budget will be overseen by the Sustainability Coordinator.
The Smitty Sustainability Committee is open to any registered PSC Student!
The Coordinator is responsible for assisting the student committee with achieving their committee charge. The Coordinator also manages the Sustainability Grant budget and with the help of the Sustainability Grant Assistant ensures that proposals are completed in accordance with their timeline and budget.
Submit your CSF Grant Proposal
Past Projects- Click Below to View Applications
Over $150,000 awarded since Fall ’12
Supporting 40 different projects!