By Deidre Loftus

Q: What do I do if I’m not sure I want to call the police after an assault?

A: Plenty of survivors of sexual violence are nervous or hesitant about police involvement for a variety of reasons. This decision is up to the survivor. The State Police have an investigator named Judie Trimboli who works specifically with college students. She can meet with a student and discuss what a police investigation would look like, without filing an official report and can help a survivor make an informed decision. Judie can be contacts at (315) 769-8760.

Deirdre Loftus is a Sexual Assault Prevention Educator for Planned Parenthood serving Paul Smith’s. She provides education, advocacy, and awareness and is available to discuss consent and sexual violence with anyone who is interested or has questions.


Subscribe By Email

Get a weekly email of all new posts.

Please prove that you are not a robot.