Veteran Affairs


Paul Smith’s students called to active military duty have the following options, which are based on the current catalog faculty academic policies:

  • Receive course grades for the current semester, or incompletes for all courses, if approved by your professors.
  • Receive administrative drops with a refund for some courses and grades/incompletes in other courses, if approved by your professors.
  • Withdraw from all current semester courses with a full refund of tuition and fees.
Steps to follow when leaving the College for Active Military Duty
  • Provide a copy of your military orders to the Registrar’s Office. If you choose to complete the semester courses via an incomplete and if time permits please follow the appropriate procedures for course completion. If your professor approves an incomplete grade, you and your professor should complete an Incomplete Grade Form, which is available in the Registrar’s Office. The incomplete grade form must be initiated by the instructor, and state the reason for the incomplete grade(s), as follows: ―called to Active Military Duty.
  • In the event that your military obligation does not permit adequate time to finalize grades or withdrawal, please contact the Office of Veteran Services. They will act on your behalf to inform the appropriate persons and/or departments of your call to active military duty, and assist to finalize grades or withdrawal. Any grading options and planning for course completion, as agreed upon by your professors, will be documented for you. You will be asked to advise the Director of the Office of Student Success whether you wish to accept the grading option available to you.
  • If administrative drops or a withdrawal are to be processed, your Academic Advisor should initiate them. Reasons for withdrawal/administrative drop should clearly state ―called to Active Military Duty.
Departments to contact in the event of call to Active Military Duty

Office of Veteran Services, 518-327-6862, for overall assistance and issues related to VA benefits

Academic Advisor – inform your Advisor of your military call up.

Academic Dean’s Office, if you experience any difficulties or need assistance in matters relating to you military call up:

  • Science, Liberal Arts & Business at 518-327-6272
  • Hotel, Resort, & Culinary Management at 518-327-6215
  • Forestry, Natural Resources, and Recreation at 518-327-6236

Registrar’s Office, 518-327-6231, to communicate your military call up and future plans.

Financial Aid Office, 518-327-6220, if you are receiving financial aid.

Campus Life, 518-327-6440, as appropriate, if you are living in college housing.

Your final decision of the option you wish to pursue depends on your individual situation, the time remaining in the academic semester, and the course completion agreements. Contact the Registrar’s Office, 518-327-6231 to discuss your military call up status and to answer any questions regarding the above procedures/options.


Contact Us »

Office of Veteran Services

Jodi Rossi
Associate Director of International and Veteran Admissions
(518) 327-6072

Sonya Stein
Director of Financial Aid
(518) 327-6119

Connect Online

Inquiry Form - Admissions

This form is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.