Financial Aid for Students

Future Students: Students who are accepted to Paul Smith's College should file a FAFSA form prior to March 1st of their enrollment year.  After the FAFSA for is received, all accepted students will receive a detailed financial aid letter.   In order to complete your FAFSA you must create a personal identification number (PIN) at

After the FAFSA has been processed, you will receive your Student Aid Report (SAR). If you supplied an email address on your FAFSA, your SAR will be sent to that email address. If you did not supply an email address, your SAR will be mailed to your home address as listed on your FAFSA. Upon receipt, promptly check the data for accuracy.

It is preferred that you file your completed FAFSA application once the student and parent(s) have filed their taxes.  Please be sure that the IRS Data Retrieval Tool (DRT) is used when completing the FAFSA.  If you are estimating the tax information please be sure to go back into your FAFSA and update using the IRS DRT.

Returning Students: 2015-16 Renewal FAFSA is available starting February 1.  

The Federal school code for Paul Smith’s College is 002795. File your FAFSA on-line at Please file only one FAFSA! 

It is important to submit accurate and complete parent and student information.

Your Paul Smith's College grant (PSC Grant), Merit Scholarship and Ferdal Perkins Loan will automatically roll over from year to year unless there is a change within your program and/or degree. If you have any questions in regards to your aid please contact the financial aid office, they will be happy to assist you. 


Families must continue to be residents of New York State (NYS) for consideration of the NYS Tuition Assistance Program (TAP). The TAP application process begins by filing the FAFSA and listing a college or university located in New York State. Students may complete their TAP application on-line at‎

*Note that NYS TAP award estimates provided on 2015-2016 award notifications will be based on the current year formula until the NYS budget is in-place.

Paul Smith’s will not be responsible for making up any difference should one's actual TAP award be lower than the estimated amount.


Do not forget to submit your application to VSAC (Vermont Student Assistance Corp.) for consideration for a State grant. It is your responsibility to contact VSAC to be certain you comply with the VSAC application deadline.  Please visit


Paul Smith's College
7833 New York 30
Paul Smiths, NY 12970

(518) 327-6227
(800) 421-2605



© Paul Smith's College 2015