I have been in this sport almost my entire life,
and nobody has ever focused on what is best for the athlete…
Meet the Advisory Committee for Olympic Sports
Paul Smith’s College announces the formation of the college’s Advisory Committee for Olympic Sports, a select group of men and women with world-class athletic resumes whose experiences as Olympians will help guide the college’s Olympic sports initiative.
Joining the committee are:
- Tim Burke, a Paul Smiths native and four-time Olympic biathlete.
- Billy Demong from Vermontville, a Nordic combined gold and silver medalist.
- Andrea Kilbourne-Hill of Saranac Lake, a 2002 women’s hockey silver medalist.
- Chris Mazdzer, also of Saranac Lake, a silver medal-winning luger.
- Andrew Weibrecht of Lake Placid, a two-time Olympic medalist in alpine skiing.
The five athletes represent a combined record of 17 Winter Olympic Games appearances and six medal wins.
TRIPLE YOUR IMPACT
Thanks to the generosity of Trustee Phil Saunders, all gifts supporting the college’s Nordic Sports initiative will be matched 100% up to $1 million.