The Global Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Council
Paul Smith’s College is making strides towards implementing ways to create and support a diverse and inclusive community on campus.
Why is Diversity Important to Our Students
- Diversity expands our experience
- Diversity enhances social development
- Diversity prepares students for future career success
- Diversity prepares students for work in a global society
- Interactions with people different than ourselves increases our knowledge base
- Diversity promotes creative thinking
- Diversity enhances self-awareness
- Diversity enriches the multiple perspectives developed with academia
2020 Diversity & Inclusion Leadership Award
The Global Diversity and Inclusion Leadership Award seeks to recognize a student AND a faculty/staff member who display leadership in fostering diversity and inclusion both on campus and within the surrounding community.