FOR FIRST TIME FRESHMAN
- A student who will graduate from High School (regardless of college credits taken while in school)
- A GED recipient or is a student who has completed High School has not attended any other higher education institutions.
- A student who has not completed 12 or more college credits post-graduation, and is applying for an Associate or Bachelor Degree program at Paul Smith’s College
Required materials for Application
- High School Transcript- includes final junior year GPA
Traditional Freshman, like all students, are encouraged to submit any/all of the supplemental documents below, however none are required for application review:
- letters of recommendation
- an essay
- resume, portfolio, etc.
All application materials can be sent via the Common Application or sent directly to the Admissions Office.
An International Student is a student who is not a U.S. citizen and is seeking to attend Paul Smith’s College.
A Transfer Student is a student who has matriculated into another college and has attempted more than 12 credits of college-level coursework.
A Veteran Student is any student who has served or is currently serving in the United States Armed Forces. Veteran Student applications will be reviewed as non-traditional freshman or transfer students based on their academic history.
Visit our Veteran page for more information
Dates and Deadlines
Paul Smith’s College is on a rolling admissions timeline, meaning we accept students year round for both the Fall and Spring semesters.
FRESHMAN Fall 2021 Semester Preferred Deadlines
- March 1- students should have a completed application on file, and all documents sent in for review
- June 1- preferred deposit deadline
- August 7- preferred last day to commit to Paul Smith’s College for Fall Semester
FRESHMAN Spring 2021 Semester Preferred Deadline
- December 10- students should have a completed application on file and all documents in for review
- January 2- preferred deposit deadline
*Paul Smith’s College will continue to accept students after this date, as we are rolling admissions. However, students are strongly encouraged to complete the Admissions process by these dates.
Financial Aid & Scholarships
Paul Smith’s College awards Merit Scholarships based on a students overall GPA and will be automatically awarded based on eligibility when reviewing their Admissions application.
Merit Scholarships range from $10,000- $19,000 per year
Activity based scholarships are also available for students who have participated in select programs and meet particular criteria Please view the list below, and notify your Admissions Counselor if you qualify.
- Advanced Studies Scholarship– $2,000 per year
- awarded to any student who is currently enrolled in and has paid for their Advanced Studies dual enrollment courses.
- Early Action Scholarship– $1,000 per year
- Students must submit a completed application (including a PSC application and transcripts), ready for review to the Admissions Office by December 15, 2020. *only eligible for Fall 2021 Students
- Sage Scholars
State Grant programs are also available in select states to eligible recipients:
Visit our Financial Aid page for more information about costs or to access your financial aid portal.
Higher Education Opportunity Program
The Arthur O. Eve HIgher Education Opportunity Program (HEOP) is a collaboration between the New York State Department of Education and Paul Smith’s College. HEOP provides a means for traditionally underserved, low-income students to obtain admission as well as academic and financial support.
Students must meet both the academic and financial eligibility requirements to be considered for the program. Please reach out to your Admissions Counselor directly for more information.
We are a proud participant in the Yellow Ribbon Program, along with accepting Post 9/11 GI Benefits. If you have questions about using these benefits to supplement your education costs, please contact the Financial Aid office at 518-327-6220 or email@example.com for more information.
Our Center for Academic and Career Success offers a variety of free services to students from academic coaching, tutoring, supplemental instruction & study groups, a writing center, career exploration, resume building and more! Click here to learn more about the programs and services available to you as a Paul Smith’s College student >>