FOR FIRST TIME FRESHMAN
Complete your FREE
We are still accepting applications for the Fall 2022 Semester
- A student who will graduate from High School (regardless of college credits taken while in school)
- A GED recipient or is a student who has completed High School has not attended any other higher education institutions.
- A student who has not completed 12 or more college credits post-graduation, and is applying for an Associate or Bachelor Degree program at Paul Smith’s College
Required materials for Application
- High School Transcript- includes final junior year GPA
Traditional Freshman, like all students, are encouraged to submit any/all of the supplemental documents below, however none are required for application review:
- letters of recommendation
- an essay
- resume, portfolio, etc.
All application materials can be sent via the Common Application or sent directly to the Admissions Office.
An International Student is a student who is not a U.S. citizen and is seeking to attend Paul Smith’s College.
A Transfer Student is a student who has matriculated into another college and has attempted more than 12 credits of college-level coursework.
A Veteran Student is any student who has served or is currently serving in the United States Armed Forces. Veteran Student applications will be reviewed as non-traditional freshman or transfer students based on their academic history.
Visit our Veteran page for more information
Dates and Deadlines
FRESHMAN Fall 2022 Semester Preferred Deadlines
- Regular Decision Deadline: July 15, 2022
- Deposit Deadline: July 15, 2022
- Last Day to commit to PSC for Fall 22 semester: July 29, 2022
Financial Aid & Scholarships
Paul Smith’s College awards Merit Scholarships based on a students overall GPA and will be automatically awarded based on eligibility when reviewing their Admissions application.
Merit Scholarships range from $10,000- $19,000 per year
Activity based scholarships are also available for students who have participated in select programs and meet particular criteria Please view the list below, and notify your Admissions Counselor if you qualify.
- Advanced Studies Scholarship– $2,000 per year
- awarded to any student who is currently enrolled in and has paid for their Advanced Studies dual enrollment courses.
- Sage Scholars
State Grant programs are also available in select states to eligible recipients:
Visit our Financial Aid page for more information about costs or to access your financial aid portal.
Higher Education Opportunity Program
The Arthur O. Eve HIgher Education Opportunity Program (HEOP) is a collaboration between the New York State Department of Education and Paul Smith’s College. HEOP provides a means for traditionally underserved, low-income students to obtain admission as well as academic and financial support.
Students must meet both the academic and financial eligibility requirements to be considered for the program. Please reach out to your Admissions Counselor directly for more information or visit the HEOP Website to learn more.
We are a proud participant in the Yellow Ribbon Program, along with accepting Post 9/11 GI Benefits. If you have questions about using these benefits to supplement your education costs, please contact the Financial Aid office at 518-327-6220 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Our Center for Academic and Career Success offers a variety of free services to students from academic coaching, tutoring, supplemental instruction & study groups, a writing center, career exploration, resume building and more! Click here to learn more about the programs and services available to you as a Paul Smith’s College student >>