Student Counseling Center
COVID-19 UPDATE ON SERVICES
Per COVID-19 physical-distancing guidelines and for the collective safety of our community, the Student Counseling Center is currently offering all individual counseling services via Zoom. The center is able to accommodate private spaces for students in need.
To schedule an appointment, call (518) 327-6358, email email@example.com or visit the Student Health Portal
The goal of the Student Counseling Center is to support the academic mission of the college by creating a healthy and supportive environment for student success through quality counseling, substance and health education, consultation, and referral services to currently enrolled students at Paul Smith’s College.
For emergencies in the evenings or on weekends, or if you are unable to reach someone at the center, contact the Residence Life staff or phone Campus Safety at (518) 327-6300. You can also phone 911 or go to the emergency room at the Adirondack Medical Center in Saranac Lake.
Emergency appointment times available: Emergency appointments are brief evaluative sessions at which you’ll receive options for treatment and other options. You may be given a referral to an off-campus therapist, or a follow-up appointment at the Counseling Center.
Other Important Numbers
- Alcoholics Anonymous (800) 281-1190
- Adirondack Medical Center (518) 891-4141
- North Star Substance Abuse Services (518) 891-2467
- Planned Parenthood (518) 891-0046
- Sexual Assault Hotline (877) 212-2323
- St. Joseph’s Outpatient Substance Treatment (518) 891-5353
- Suicide Hotline (800) 273-8255
- Domestic Violence Hotline (800) 834-9474