Peer Mentor Application
We are now accepting applications for Spring 2019 Peer Mentors.
Interviews: Nov/Dec(specific dates TBD)
Required training: TBD- possibly coming back to campus a few days early prior to SP19 semester
Required Committment: Spring 2019 semester
Required Standing: Sophomore or above
What is a Peer Mentor:
A Peer Mentor serves in a variety of roles, from being a resource and role model to fellow students, as well as assisting faculty and staff with academic support and integration into the Paul Smith’s Community. Peer Mentors will help to guide fellow students on the most important aspects of being part of the Paul Smith’s community and becoming connected to academic and student life. Peer Mentors will:
- Play a critical role in assisting students during the pre-registration period.
- Develop expertise in degree planning tools as well as other PSC learning platforms and technologies.
- Provide academic support to students in areas such as time management, study skills, organizational skills, etc.
- Mentor students in career pathways and encourage campus involvement.
- Engage the campus community through planning campus-wide events and programming.
Desirable candidates should have some prior leadership experience and meet the additional requirements listed below. This is a paid work experience and opportunity to serve as a leader on campus.
Qualifications & Eligibility Requirements:
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0. Be a registered, full-time, student.
- Be in good standing at Paul Smith’s College with no serious judicial sanctions.
- Have a working knowledge of, and commitment to, the mission and values of Paul Smith’s College.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Have the ability to work effectively with a diverse group of team members, students, parents, administrators, and staff.
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn about the College’s people, community, programs, policies, and procedures.
- Demonstrate responsibility and willingness to assist others.
- Attend and actively participate in all meetings, training, and retreats.
“It’s the little details that are vital. Little things make big things happen.”Coach John R. Wooden