International Paper John Dillon Park
Park Rules and Regulations
John Dillon Park was designed and constructed to be a fully accessible facility in a wilderness setting. All of our sites and trails are fully accessible to all people.
When registering you will be required to provide:
- The number of people in your party
- The number of nights you plan to stay
- The total number of vehicles, license plate numbers, and make/model of each vehicle
- If you have a service animal or pet, you must provided proof of rabies vaccination on arrival.
- The rules for International Paper John Dillon Park are to be followed by all those who are within the boundary of the park.
- A copy of the Rules and Regulations will be supplied to every camper and is posted at the Welcome Center.
- If someone should be found to be in violation of the rules they should be brought to the attention of the Resident Manager for action.
Rules and Regulations:
- All persons entering International Paper John Dillon Park must register at the Welcome Center.
- All campers must obtain camping permit.
- All camp sites may be used for no longer than 5 nights.
- All campers will occupy and place equipment only on assigned campsite.
- Day use hours are from 9 AM to 6 PM
- Campfires are to be built in provided fireplaces only.
- Proof of a valid rabies inoculation must be provided before any dog is allowed in a campground.
- Pets must be confined or leashed to restrict them to the campsite of the owner.
- Dogs cannot be left unattended. Barking or vicious dogs must be removed from the campground.
- Dogs may be walked on a leash – no longer than 6 feet, provided they are under control at all times.
- Licenses will be required to be presented upon check-in.
- All laws, rules and regulations of the State of New York relating to season limits and methods of fishing are applicable when fishing.
- No live bait will be used in the lakes of International Paper John Dillon Park.
- Fires are not to be left unattended at any time.
- Littering is prohibited on park grounds.
- All garbage must be properly disposed of in the provided garbage receptacles.
- All food must be stored in Bear Proof Boxes provided at each site. No Exceptions.
- Fishing will only be permitted at the park during the appropriate seasons and with a valid New York State licenses.
- Any problems with wild animals should be reported to the staff as soon as possible.
- Amplified music will not be allowed at the park. (Unless approved by the Park Manager for a special event).
- No glass containers are allowed at the park unless required for medical purposes.
- Boisterous or indecent language and indecent behavior are prohibited.
- Defacing any park property or polluting any park waters is prohibited.
- Possession and/or discharge of firearms, weapons, fireworks, and/or explosives are prohibited.
Violations of Rules
Any person or groups violating the existing rules and regulations or, in the opinion of the Park Manager, constituting a public nuisance or potential hazard to persons or property, or exhibiting disorderly conduct, shall be served notice by the Park Manager and expelled from the park property. Such violations can be subject to prosecution in accordance with state and local laws and ordinances.
THE PARK IS CLOSED FOR THE SEASON
For questions call (518) 524-6226 or email email@example.com
RESERVATIONS REQUIRED FOR OVERNIGHT CAMPING.
International Paper-John Dillon Park
2150 Tupper Road
Long Lake, NY 12847
INTERNATIONAL PAPER-JOHN DILLON PARK | LONG LAKE, NY
International Paper-John Dillon Park is a fully accessible ADA compliant wilderness campground and day use facility located within the Adirondack Park of Northern New York. We offer fully accessible trails, lean-tos and buildings along with an attentive staff to accommodate people of all ages and abilities. In the creation of this setting we have set the standard for accessible facilities by making the beauty and benefit of nature a reality for all.