Students on an injection program may continue at PSC Health Services if the following requirements are met:
- They have never had a reaction following injection.
- Complete physician (allergist) orders and directions accompany the Antigens. Must include schedule and sites.
- PSC Health Services Clinic Provider must meet with student at least once prior to first injection of the academic year and write a patient-specific standing order
- Injections may only be administered while Provider is on site.
- Students must wait 20 minutes after each injection for observation (while Provider is still on site).
- Injections will be discontinued, and student is referred to allergist if any untoward reaction should occur.
- Health Services will have Epinephrine 1:1000 on hand to counteract adverse reactions. Dose: 0.5cc SC (Symptoms: increasing SOB, lip, tongue, or throat tingling or swelling).
Please send allergy injections & orders to:
Paul Smith’s College
Student Health Services
Paul Smith’s, NY 12970
Contact Us »
Christine Brennan, RN, BSN
Student Wellness Coordinator